Early voting is open in Mecklenburg County.
You can vote in downtown Charlotte at the Hal Marshall Annex or at various libraries around Charlotte. Merry Oaks voters have choices for Charlotte City Council at large and Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board.
Hal Marshall is open today, Oct. 29, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Sunday, Oct. 30, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Final early voting day at that location is Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. On weekdays, the annex is open for voting from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Nov. 4. Other locations are open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 30 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Nov. 5, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Beatties Ford Road Library, 2412 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte
- Hayes Building (Ballantyne), 11405 N. Community House Rd., Charlotte
- Independence Regional Library, 6000 Conference Dr., Charlotte
- Main Branch Library (Downtown), 310 N. Tryon St., Charlotte
- Matthews Branch Library, 230 Matthews Station St., Matthews
- Morrison Regional Library, 7015 Morrison Blvd., Charlotte
- Mountain Island Library, 4420 Hoyt Galvin Way, Charlotte
- North County Regional Library, 16500 Holly Crest Ln., Huntersville
- South County Regional Library, 5801 Rea Rd., Charlotte
- Steele Creek Library, 13620 Steele Creek Rd., Charlotte
- University City Regional Library, 301 E. W.T. Harris Blvd., Charlotte
- West Boulevard Library, 2157 West Blvd., Charlotte
The Charlotte Observer has background about the candidates for Charlotte City Council and Charlotte Mecklenburg School Board. Research here.